ADAPTED FROM THIS ORIGINAL RECIPE: PULLED BBQ CARROTS
- 10 medium carrots – peeled and shredded
- 1 large red onion – peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 green pepper thinly sliced
- oil to coat
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
For the BBQ sauce:
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic diced
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of dark molasses
- ¼ cup of agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
For the Biscuits:
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 c oil
- Preheat the oven to 385° and line a cookie sheet with lightly sprayed foil.
- Shred the carrots with the shredder attachment of your food processor or with a box or hand held grater.
- Thinly slice the onion and pepper.
- Put the carrots, onion, and pepper in the baking pan and drizzle the olive oil over them. Toss well to coat and then spread them evenly in the pan. Squirt sriracha across the top, like this …
Put it in the oven and stir around every 10 minutes until done.
- While the vegetables are roasting put all of the sauce ingredients into a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and cook for twenty minutes, stir occasionally to avoid scorching the sauce.
- Add the roasted veggies to the sauce and stir well to coat. Simmer while biscuits are baking.
For the biscuits .. .whisk together all of the dry ingredients. Add the wet until combined, form into biscuit shapes ( this dough doesn’t rise! ) Bake at 450 F for 10-12 minutes. Slice while warm and top with the BBQ!